Saturday, February 8, 2014

Three!

Our little Isla Beany is three!!  THREE!!!  I still can't believe it.  We celebrated her birthday dinner at Rene's house since her birthday was on a Wednesday and I had to work.  Also Mema was still in town, so Aunt Ne Ne and Mema made Isla her favorite dinner: cut up hot dogs dipped in ketchup and steamed broccoli.  For dessert, they made some super cute ice cream sundaes in edible chocolate cups.  Earlier in the day Mema took Isla birthday shopping.  Isla picked out a singing care bear doll and a new set of princess puzzles, which is by far the best puzzle set I've ever seen .  Isla is incredible with this puzzle set. She will sit and play with it for hours, and she is really good at it.  There are four different 24 piece puzzles and it came with a tray to build the puzzles on which also slides open to a storage box.  You can tell I'm very impressed with it.



We had Isla's official birthday party the Saturday following her birthday.  Stephanie hosted this year, which worked out great since Scott and I had only been back from Florida a few days.  Thank you Aunt Stephanie!  We had a Disney Princess theme party.  Both birthday girls dressed up with special princess crowns and jewels.  I made some princess cupcake (idea from pinterest :-) which were a big hit.  I was very happy with the way they turned out.  Stephanie put together a darling storybook princess game complete with a fairytale about Princess Charlotte and Princess Isla and the Evans' Castle.  In between chapters there was a story related party game for the kids to play.  All the kids loved it! 

 
Things we want to remember about Isla at age 3:

Isla is our clown.  She says the funniest things and she's always trying to play little tricks and jokes on you.  She makes us laugh every single day.

One of her favorite book series is Maisy books.  Despite Maisy being a girl, Isla is convinced that Maisy is a boy and will correct you when you're reading the story.  "You mean HE fills the bucket with milk."

She has a wild imagination.  She pretends that our neighbors back porch light shining through the fence is a witch.  And every night after dark she looks outside our back sliding door and looks for the witch.  She'll say, "the witch is back and it's getting closer! Come see Brooklyn."

She is constantly hungry.  We can be in the middle of eating dinner and she'll still look at us and say "I'm hungry."

She loves to hide in small spaces.  It's actually quite scary.  She is very good at hiding and not making a peep.  

She is exceptionally good at puzzles.  She can do a 24 piece puzzle in about 5 minutes.  She's also good at playing domino's and putting together train sets.  I've never seen a three year old with such advanced logical thinking. 

She loves chocolate and peanut butter.
She doesn't like any carbonated drinks including soda. 
She is scared of dogs.
She is a nail bitter.
She has the best fake laugh I've ever heard. 
We love her wild crazy hair.  

Happy Birthday Isla Beany!  We love you and are so glad you joined our family 3 years ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment